BOTOX & Dysport Post-Treatment Instructions
To minimize your recovery time & optimize your results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instructions as outlined below:
- Visible bumps and/or redness may be seen at the injection sites. This is normal and may last up to a few hours after treatment.
- Bruising may occur. This happens in a small percentage of treatments but will not affect your treatment results. There also may be some discomfort associated with it. Bruising should resolve within a week. The use of Arnica Montana (available at health food stores and some local pharmacies) may help with bruising. It is available both topically (as gel or cream) and orally.
- The treatment will start to work in 2-7 days, and peak in about 2 weeks. Please note, if additional products are needed, it will not be injected until 14 days after your initial injection.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours post-injection.
- Do not massage the area that was treated.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following your treatment.
- Do not get a massage for a week after the treatment. Placing your face in the cradle when getting a massage can move the Botox beyond the intended muscle group and cause adverse outcomes.
- If the forehead was treated, do not wear a hat or headband that could compress the area for 48 hours post-treatment.
- You may cleanse your face normally this evening, but please do not rub vigorously or massage the injected area. Do not use massaging cleansing devices or any abrasive exfoliants/scrubs for 48 hours.
- Cosmetics, moisturizers, lotions, may be used the next day, but do not apply extreme pressure or do anything that may cause discomfort.
- Headaches may be a possible side effect. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) may be used as needed. Flu-like symptoms are extremely rare, but may last 2-3 days. Fluids, rest, and Tylenol may be used.
Please contact the office directly if you experience any symptoms or problems other than those listed above or have any questions/concerns regarding your treatment.
*New patients are required to return in 2 weeks for a follow-up appointment to evaluate results. Any necessary adjustments to treatment will be done at that time.
*Established patients should contact us with any questions or concerns regarding results within 2 weeks of initial treatment (if a follow-up appointment has not already been made).
* The results of this treatment vary but can last up to 3-4 months or longer. We recommend maintenance treatments every 3-4 months to maintain optimal results.
Chemical Peel Pre And Post-Treatment Instructions
- Avoid direct sun exposure for four to six weeks prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of products that contain retinol, glycolic acids salicylic acids, prod and any other products that cause dryness or irritation to skin for 5 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please notify your provider as a prophylactic medication may be prescribed to prevent an outbreak.
- Please arrive to your appointment without makeup.
- A feeling of warmth, excessive dryness, inflammation, irritation and itchiness to treatment area may be experienced, and in some cases, swelling may occur.
- The level of peeling can vary from light flaking to deep peeling and may vary with each treatment. Peeling usually begins within 48 hours post-treatment.
- It is important to avoid activities that will increase body temperature for 72-96 hours after treatment. This includes strenuous exercise, as well as use of hot tubs and saunas. Doing so can cause blistering of skin and may increase the development of further hyperpigmentation of skin.
- The gradual darkening of pigmentation will occur prior to peeling. These areas will look worse before they look better. Do not to rub, pick, or scrub peeling skin, as doing so can cause permanent scarring.
- The skin’s sensitivity to sun is greatly increased after a chemical peel. Daily use of SPF (minimum 30) with frequent reapplication is necessary for the health of your skin and to protect your investment. Direct sunlight should be avoided for four weeks post-treatment.
- Resume retinol and regular skin regimen in 7 days or once skin no longer feels irritated and peeling has subsided. Using medical grade skin care will help to maintain the effects of your chemical peel.
- Chemical peels can be scheduled every four to six weeks until skin goals are achieved.
- With Vi Peels, you will receive an at-home care kit. It is important to follow the instructions within the kit to ensure the best results from your treatment.
- Please avoid any other type of skin treatments, including waxing for 2 weeks after your chemical peel.
CoolSculpting Pre- And Post-Treatment Instructions
- Do not apply creams or lotions to areas being treated.
- Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- Your treatment may last several hours. Please eat a light meal prior to arriving. We happily provide snacks and drinks. If you would like, we will order you lunch while you are being treated. You may bring your own if you have any special dietary needs.
What To Expect During Your CoolSculpting Procedure:
- Photos, body mapping and consent forms will be completed before the procedure is started.
- As the procedure begins, a vacuum-suctioned applicator is placed on your targeted areas, and the tissue is drawn up to fill the applicator.
- You may experience sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching and/or intense stinging/burning, tingling, aching and cramping. As the tissue starts the cooling process, the tissue will quickly become numb, and the sensations will subside.
- You may also experience similar sensations when the applicator is removed, and the two-minute manual massage begins. This can last up to 10 minutes post massage, or not at all. Everyone responds differently to the process.
What To Expect Post-Treatment:
- Most patients can resume their daily routine as they see fit immediately after their appointment.
- Following the procedure, typical side effects include temporary redness, swelling/moderate bloating, blanching, bruising, firmness, numbness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, or skin sensitivity.
- Please call the office if these conditions persist beyond 2 weeks or worsen over time, as there is a non-narcotic prescription we can order into your pharmacy for you.
Your Coolsculpting provider will follow up with you 2-4 days after your treatment. You may start to see a gradual reduction in the volume of fat layers as early as 4 weeks, but optimal results are seen 3–4 months after the procedure. At this point, we will see you back in the office for follow-up photos and additional treatments. This appointment will be made when you check out on procedure day.
Dermal Filler Instructions
Thank you for choosing Rejuvalife Medical Aesthetics! Please adhere to these instructions before and after your treatment to achieve the optimal and longest-lasting results.
- To minimize potential bruising and downtime from injections, please avoid the following medications for a minimum of one week prior to treatment: Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), Aleve (Naproxen), Aspirin, Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and Turmeric.
- Please avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid dental procedures and vaccinations 2 weeks before AND 2 weeks after your dermal filler treatment. Having such procedures will delay us from treating you with dermal filler as scheduled.
- Please schedule your appointment 1-2 weeks prior to any major events (i.e. wedding, work events, etc.) to allow adequate time for healing.
- Help us set you up for success. Please reschedule your filler appointment if you have had an active viral or bacterial infection until you have been symptom-free for at least 1 week.
- Avoid make-up and skincare products for 24 hours following treatment.
- The most common side effects that can occur immediately after treatment are redness, swelling, lumps, tenderness, and bruising. These symptoms should resolve within a few days, but may last up to two weeks.
- Please avoid touching, itching, massaging, or picking treated areas.
- Pain is not common. If you experience mild discomfort, Tylenol can be used.
- Please avoid Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin, Multivitamins & Fish Oil for 24 hours after your treatment.
- You may use ice for 5 minutes at a time to minimize swelling and discomfort.
- If you develop bruising, we recommend taking oral Arnica Montana tablets to help resolve symptoms quicker.
- Please avoid dental procedures, facials, laser treatments, and/or massages to the face for two weeks after.
- Please contact the office immediately if you develop new onset of pain, swelling, warmth (to the touch), skin discoloration to the area treated or any area of the face (purple blotches in an area that was not injected, or blanching, i.e. white or bluish appearance), or any other concerns.
- Please avoid alcohol and strenuous exercises for 24 hours after treatment as it may increase or cause new bruising to develop.
- Please allow two full weeks to evaluate the result of your treatment.
- We strongly recommend enhancing your treatment with clinical-grade skincare products for optimal results.
- If this is your first time having a filler treatment with us, we may request to see you for a follow-up evaluation approximately 2 weeks after your visit. If you did not schedule this at check-out, please call us to make that appointment.
Please contact our office with any questions at (978) 225-0378.
Kybella Pre And Post-Treatment Instructions
- Please avoid using retinol, or any other types of topical products that cause dryness or irritation to the area being treated for one week.
- Avoid the use of blood-thinning medications such as Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), Naproxen (Aleve), and Aspiring for one week prior to treatment. Other supplements such as Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E, and Turmeric can also increase the risk of bruising. Alcohol consumption should be avoided for 48 hours before your procedure.
- Please keep in mind that the swelling from Kybella can last for 5-7 days, but sometimes longer. Please be sure to keep this in mind when booking your appointment prior to any major events, parties, vacations, etc.
- After your treatment, you will experience swelling, warmth, redness, and a burning sensation that waxes and wanes for several hours after treatment.
- Please do not massage or rub the area that was treated.
- Ice can be used for 5 minutes off, 5 minutes on for the first 24 hours after treatment for discomfort, swelling, and bruising.
- Arnica Montana topical gel can be gently applied to the area several times a day to help with discomfort, bruising, and swelling. If discomfort still persists, over-the-counter Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can be used as directed.
- Please do not schedule any type of aesthetic procedures to the area that was treated for a minimum of 2 weeks.